The therapeutic effects of fresh peppermint have been known since ancient times and modern research has continued to prove that peppermint is one of nature's most valuable herbal remedies.
A few health benefits peppermint provides include:
- Peppermint invigorates your senses and helps promote mental clarity
- Peppermint can help get your digestive system working better by facilitating the release of chemicals that aid in digestion
- Peppermint has been shown to help reduce fatigue and boost mood
- Peppermint can relieve symptoms like chest and nasal congestion, sore throat, and fever, as well as help relieve everyday aches and pains
- Peppermint is effective in treating nausea
- Peppermint not only cures bad breath but it also fights bacteria responsible for causing cavities
Just add a few crushed leaves (look for fresh leaves that are green in color without any dark spots or yellowing) or a drop or two of natural peppermint extract or essential oil and you’ll get a palette-pleasing positive perk to your water.