HOW IS the meshbottle DIFFERENT?
Many beverage bottles use carbon-based plastics (Polypropylene, PET, HDPE, LDPE etc.) or metals (aluminum, stainless steel) for some or all of their components. Even reusable glass bottles often use plastics for their caps, lids, straws etc. The Meshbottle is a completely plastic-free, non-metallic beverage bottle that is capable of storing beverages in a glass environment up to 99.9%. The bottle is built from only two materials: glass and food safe silicone.
- All Meshbottles, regardless of cap type, are 100% plastic-free. No BPA, PET, Polypropylene, Phthalates or any other plastics are used in any of its components.
- Up to 99.9% glass interior (when equipped with the Glass Cap).
- Amazingly easy to clean inside and out.
- Does not retain odors.
- Non-threaded, twist-free construction. Click here to learn more about the caps.
- Glass bottle is made in the USA. Click here to learn more about the glass bottle.
- All components are dishwasher safe.
- Works with any standard bottle brush.
- Unique looks, awesome grip. Click here to learn more about the Mesh Sleeve.
- Go-to water bottle for daily hydration. Keep it at your desk to ensure you meet your daily water consumption needs. Great for yoga, sports, and on the go.
- For juices and smoothies, which stay fresh longer when stored in glass.
- Ideal for essential oils thanks to its plastic-free construction. Only glass and food safe silicone are used (Glass Cap recommended - see below).
- Herbal teas will better keep their beneficial properties if stored in glass, as opposed to being stored in plastic and/or metal containers.
- In general, the Meshbottle is a good first step if you are looking to reduce your exposure to plastic chemicals.
WITH SILICONE CAP
This bottle uses a simple silicone cap. It allows the beverage to be stored in a plastic-free environment and is a champion when it comes to cleaning. The Silicone Cap can turn inside out, making it amazingly easy to get rid of residue (watch video). Silicone is inert and water repellent, which helps prevent the cap from becoming moldy. The cap has a non-threaded, twist-free construction.
WITH GLASS CAP
Upgrade to the Glass Cap and you will be ready to enjoy your beverages in their purest form. Thanks to a small glass insert, this bottle has the ability to lock your beverages in pure glass from top to bottom. The glass piece can be removed, which makes the cap easy to clean (watch video). The cap has a non-threaded, twist-free construction.
The Meshbottle was born from the idea that innovation doesn't always come in the form of radical change. Sometimes it comes from making small but significant improvements to the products we use every day. Our goal was to create a water bottle that was entirely plastic-free, non-metallic, and relied only on materials that are known to be safe, such as glass and silicone.
“I was listening to a news story about how BPA-free plastics may still be harmful, and I knew I wanted to drink from a bottle that was plastic-free,” recalls Gabor. “Glass is safe, easy to clean, and does not absorb odors or flavors, but most of the glass water bottles on the market have plastic caps, lids, and straws. Aluminum and stainless steel can impart a metallic taste to juices and teas. I wanted a glass bottle without plastic or metal components, so I designed my own.”
We followed a classic bootstrapping strategy. To avoid outside investors we worked multiple jobs to raise enough money for the prototyping phase while learning the ins-and-outs of product design and manufacturing. After numerous setbacks and dozens of prototypes, the Meshbottle became a reality. We are proud of what we have accomplished: a product that helps alleviate the plastic burden on the environment and limits our exposure to chemicals. We can't wait to release it to the public.